Hi, My name is Don Landers, with 40 Plus years experience in the printing industry there is not much I haven’t done. I truly enjoy being the “Resource Guy” when it comes to all things printing.
Colorprint December, 2013 – Present
Assistant to the Production Manager, Assistant to the Prepress Manager, Estimating and Project and Facilities Management
Folger Graphics June, 2010 – December, 2013
Outside Account Representative and Print Project Manager, serviced my existing client base and focused completely on Sales and Production, and continued to build new client relationships as the economy rebounded. Full service print and publication facility with in-house mail services. Had developed a focus on serving advertizing agencies, print brokers, and graphic design professionals, and have been able to continue one of my favorite niches, enabling self-published authors
Integrity by Design, Inc. January, 2000 – May 2010
* Established, and then built a successful print brokerage, primarily as a result of my persistent sales efforts in identifying and setting appointments with prospective clients
* Took the print broker model and expanded it to include delivery of a comprehensive set of Marketing Communications Services.
* Developed all of the skills required in owning a small business: Estimating, Sales, Accounting, Management, Human Resources, etc.
* Ten years experience in print publications, web publications, advertising and sales. Directed the purchase of print and marketing services for diverse communications projects for a wide range of market segments, audiences, and industries, including experience in staff supervision and managing projects and teams. I have a working knowledge of the principles of project management and print production, including traditional offset and digital and on- demand technologies. I have the ability to lead project teams with multiple stakeholders, to lead meetings, to develop project timelines, and to produce complex estimates and budgets for print purchasing. I have clear and consistent communication skills for persuasive and effective interaction with a wide range of clients and vendors. I understand the interpersonal dynamics involved in approaching and engaging prospective customers, understanding their needs and closing on the proposed solution.
Honeywell & Todd Printers October 1990 – December 1999
* Managed a medium sized, full color print shop from the Pre-Press Department (Trade Printer)
* Took the company from the analog work flow of the ‘80’s to the digital work flow of the ‘90’s. Introduced the capacity to handle customer supplied digital files, and then articulated the ROI to the owner of the value of purchasing a Scitex imagesetter. Added the Preps layout program to further enhance the production capabilities of the plant. Expanded the business by offering the ability to edit and modify customer supplied files on the fly, reducing turnaround time and allowing the company to consistently meet deadlines.
* Developed hands on experience with all the various page layout programs, image editing programs, etc.
* Hired and trained my management replacement, and began my sales career. Quickly developed the needed skills to seek new customers, and make appointments.
Olympian Graphics June 1988 – October 1990
* Managed the Pre-Press department for a large sheet fed and web print plant.
Jouneyman Pressman/Manager 1972 through May of 1988
* Operated a wide variety of pre-press, print and bindery equipment for numerous employers including the Flexo, Litho, and Letterpress environments. Worked in the corrugated container industry, the small press, quick print industry, and eventually medium sized, full service print companies, as both an operator and in supervisory roles, managing and training others.